Geosafari wildlife

Geosafari wildlife

Sunday 1 December 2013

The tale of a trackable...

Do you own a trackable? Bugs and coins, they love them, we own them and then we release them to travel at the hands of many others who share our love of the game. I own 4. One, called Phylis Fairy was taken from a cache never to be seen again. One is a sticker on the back of my car, waiting to be discovered. Another, Psyco Sow is a "take 2" after the original was muggled in a cache in Australia. This one is now in Germany, after a brief but exciting safari expedition. And coincidently, I have another bug in Germany which has an interesting story to tell.

Ho-Humm belonged to my late husband. We released it as part of a travel bug race. It travelled well, went into Europe, moved around, and then went mysteriously missing from a cache in Switzerland. My German in not very good, but I could tell from the logs that it wasn't were it was supposed to be. I had forgotten about it and lost hope. And a few months after my husband lost his battle with cancer I got a very welcome message. A fellow cacher had discovered the bug in the hands of  a muggle and managed to talk them into giving it to him so that he could send it on it's way again. To date it has travelled some 15481.2km and been to some awesome places. I have no idea if it will ever come home again. And maybe, one day I will take a trip to Europe to visit it. But cachers are wonderful people and this is why I love this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment