Geosafari wildlife

Geosafari wildlife

Friday 12 July 2013

Getting crafty with containers.

While waiting for Chrigi to return from his latest adventure I am sitting here thinking about what the "ultimate geocache hide" would look like. Lets face it, Geocachers have become very resourceful over the years. But living in Africa must surely push the envelope a bit. Caches get muggled, stolen, cleaned away, washed away and befall all manner of disappearing acts, much to our frustration and dismay. Recently I found a micro cache that we extremely inventive. The clue said "right under your nose" and indeed, it was. But it still took 20 minutes of hard looking. Looking on good old "google" I found some really interesting hides. I mean, who would expect a piece of discarded chewing gums under a table to be the "find" you are looking for? Very clever! And a dog pooh cache. Yup - that's been done too! Although around these parts I wouldn't be very keen on that - there is way too much of the "real thing" lying around!
So what would be the ultimate hide? Seasoned Geocachers are become very good at spotting the seemingly obvious and slightly out-of-place item. I guess I will have to keep on wracking my brains till I come up with something. As they say: "watch this space"!



No comments:

Post a Comment