Geosafari wildlife

Geosafari wildlife

Friday 19 July 2013

TFTC - What's in a log?

Are you one of those people who simply write "TFTC" as proof that you were there? Personally, I think it's a bit rude and very impersonal. But it's seems to be the accepted way lately. I always like to take time to let the owner of the cache know what I think. I mean, they went out of their way to place it. Most of us are proud of our caches (at least we should be). And feedback, whether good or bad is always appreciated. It also gives other cachers a clue as to what to expect. "Great view" or "watch out for dogs/ticks/ muggles/etc" is always helpful. I like to try and get a bit creative with my logs. And I appreciate it when people do the same for my hides. And I'm not talking about those people out there who like to write whole essays on the hide, the hunt, the find and their life story. But a simple note on what they think of your cache, the condition in is in and anything else that they might find of interest is always appreciated. And if you are wondering what all those names and abbreviations stand for, those clever people at Geocaching HQ have it all explained.  I think next time I see a very good entry I am going to share it here. In the meantime TNLNSL - TFTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment